Custom Hot Rod Parts for Your Custom Hot Rod
Hells Gate Hot Rods was born out of our love for traditional hot rodding and our frustration with how difficult it was to find certain high-quality parts. After dealing with our frustration for long enough, we decided that it was time to make a change, and we started a company that would source and provide parts to hot rod enthusiasts like us. Our goal is to reliably carry hard-to-find parts and materials so that our fellow hot rodders can spend more time building and enjoying their hot rods and less time feeling frustrated over elusive parts. Today, Hells Gate Hot Rods is proud to carry a unique range of high quality, reasonably priced parts for custom hot rods and rat rods built from scratch, from kits, or restored from existing vehicles.
Our Product Inventory is growing all the time as we expand and take customer requests; if there is a custom hot rod part that you need, and we do not currently carry it, let us know, and we will track it down. To learn more about our current inventory, keep reading!
- Bomber Style Seats, Frames, & Sliders: Hells Gate Hot Rods manufactures bomber style seats for those hot rods that you plan to take on the road. Our seats are made in the traditional bomber style but have better upholstery foam padding that makes for a more comfortable ride. We make seats in red, white, and black vinyl with vertical pleats. All of our seats are made in the U.S.A., right in our shop in Idaho. We also carry seat frames and sliders for bomber style seats.
- Chassis: We are excited to carry air ride chassis that are compatible with the Ford Model A hot rod. This unique chassis is fully air bagged and mandrel bent, making for improved suspension geometry and ride quality. Body mounts, motor mounts, and transmission mounts are not included in this chassis in order to allow our customers greater options for customization, but are also available for add on if preferred.
- Door Panels: We are excited to offer door panels compatible with the Ford Model A! Our door panels, which are made from aluminum, come complete with a pleated vinyl panel available in black, red, or white vertical pleats (this vinyl is the same style as that used in our bomber seats, meaning you can match them if desired).
- Drill Guides: Our drill guides for wheel bolts and lugs can help you drill out your axle and drum to a different bolt pattern, which can eliminate the need to purchase new axles. We currently sell drill guides for 13 different lug patterns.
- Engine Components:
- Carburetors: We sell genuine Stromberg 97 carburetors. These carburetors blend the best of the original design with new technology, incorporating high-tech reinforced gaskets and stainless steel.
- Motor Mounts: Hells Gate Hot Rods carries motor mounts for both “Baby” and standard size Buick Nailhead hot rod motors. All parts are made out of 3/16” mild steel and are cut using and a high definition plasma cutter.
- Valve Covers: We carry cast aluminum valve covers that fit the Buick Nailhead hot rod motor. All of our valve covers are made here in the U.S.A. They are sand cast and are sold unfinished, which allows our clients to finish and customize them as desired.
- Exhaust Kits & Accessories:
- Header Kits (U-Weld): Hells Gate Hot Rods manufactures both Straight Lake Header Kits and Swept Lake Header Kits. We currently offer 22 different Straight Lake Header Kits, compatible with Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Mopar, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac makes. We also offer 16 varieties of Swept Lake Header Kits, compatible with Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Mopar, and Oldsmobile makes.
- Lake Header Accessories: We currently manufacture and carry Lake Header accessories, including different varieties of dump tubes, turnouts, lake header caps, and blockoffs. Each of these parts has been designed with functionality in mind, and unique adjustments have been made such as making turnouts from mandrel bends to create a uniform bend and giving header caps a unique 3-arm clamping design for convenient self-containment.
- Megaphones, Transitions, & Collectors: Hells Gate Hot Rods also manufactures megaphones and collectors. We offer three different varieties of 4 to 1 formed merge collectors, both with and without flanges. We also sell Lake Header Megaphones, which we uniquely construct from 18 ga steel.
- Carburetor Flanges: We manufacture one, two, and four-barrel carburetor flanges to fit various carburetor styles.
- Collector/Universal Flanges: We currently offer 3-bolt collector flanges for use with 2.5”, 3”, and 3.5” tubing.
- Exhaust/Header Flanges: Hells Gate Hot Rods currently manufactures 40 different sizes of exhaust/header flanges. In total, we have flanges suitable for use with 10 different makes of hot rods, including Buicks, Cadillacs, Chevrolets, Chryslers, Desotos, Dodges, Fords, Mopars, Oldsmobiles, and Pontiacs.
- Intake Flanges: We have 13 different varieties of intake flanges that we currently manufacture, all made from steel. We offer intake flanges that work with makes including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Desoto, Dodge, Ford, Mopar, and Studebaker.
- One-Piece Exhaust/Intake Flanges: We also manufacture and carry two different one-piece exhaust/intake flanges—one for early Chevrolet 6 cylinders (216, 235, 261) and one for Ford Models A (manufactured from 1928-1931) and B (manufactured from 1932-1934).
- Turbo Flanges: We proudly carry three varieties of turbo flanges—the T3/T4, the T4, and the T6, all of which are cut from steel using our high definition plasma cutter.
- Intake Kits & Accessories:
- Full-Welded Intakes: Our full-wielded intakes, all of which are TIG welded in-house, work with Stromberg style carburetors. We currently manufacture five varieties that work with certain models of Chryslers, Desotos, and Dodges.
- Intake Kits (U-Weld): Hells Gate Hot Rods also manufactures a U-Weld intake kit to be used with Chrysler Hemi 331, 354, or 392 hot rod motors. This specific kit is meant to be used as a dual plenum design using six carburetors.
- Mandrel Bends: The mandrel bands we manufacture are all made using cold-rolled steel and are perfect for building exhaust tubing, downpipes, intakes, and more. We currently offer ten different varieties of mandrel bends with varying tube diameters (from 1.5”-2”) and bend angles (from 45°-180°).
Custom Work: In addition to carrying traditionally hard-to-find custom hot rod parts, Hells Gate Hot Rods also offers services including the engineering, design, and manufacturing of custom parts; part fabrication; TIG and MIG welding; and hot rod and custom car building. We also do product manufacturing for individual company product lines. If you’re interested in requisitioning us for custom work, be sure to check out a few of our current projects and contact us.
Past Customer Experiences: Learn more about what you can expect from Hells Gate Hot Rods! Read reviews and see photos of projects our clients have worked on using our parts.