Custom Hot Rod Parts for Your Custom Hot Rod
Hells Gate Hot Rods was born out of our love for traditional hot rodding and our frustration with how difficult it was to find certain high-quality parts. After dealing with our frustration for long enough, we decided that it was time to make a change, and we started a company that would manufacture parts for hot rod enthusiasts like us. Our goal is to reliably carry hard-to-find parts and materials so that our fellow hot rodders can spend more time building and enjoying their hot rods and less time searching for these elusive parts. Today, Hells Gate Hot Rods is proud to carry a unique range of high quality, reasonably priced parts for custom hot rods,rat rods, street rods, and race cars which are typically built from scratch, or heavily modified existing vehicles.
Our Product Inventory is growing all the time as we expand and take customer requests; if there is a custom hot rod part that you need, and we do not currently carry it, let us know, and we will track it down or make it for you. To learn more about our current inventory, keep reading!
- Bomber Style Seats, Frames, & Sliders: Hells Gate Hot Rods manufactures bomber style seats for those hot rods that you plan to take on the road. Our seats are made in the traditional bomber style but have better upholstery foam padding that makes for a more comfortable ride. We make complete seats in red, white, and black vinyl with vertical pleats. If you are looking for just the parts to make your own seats, we sell the seat sides and components individually as well. All of our seats are made in the U.S.A., right in our shop in Idaho.
- Chassis: We are excited to produce and sell an air ride chassis that are compatible with the 1928-1931 Ford Model A. This unique chassis is fully air bagged and mandrel bent, making for improved suspension geometry and ride quality. You will not find this chassis or suspension design anywhere else as it was designed from scratch and all the components and chassis built right here in our shop. Body mounts, motor mounts, and transmission mounts are not included in this chassis in order to allow our customers greater options for customization, but are also available for add on if preferred.
- Door Panels: We are excited to offer door panels compatible with the Ford Model A and that match our bomber style seats! Our door panels, which are made from aluminum, come complete with a pleated vinyl panel available in black, red, or white vertical pleats (this vinyl is the same style as that used in our bomber seats).
- Drill Guides: Our drill guides will help you drill out your axle and drum to a different bolt pattern, which can eliminate the need to purchase new axles and fit the wheels you have or want. We currently sell drill guides for 13 different lug combinations to meet the majority of the needs we encounter. If you don’t see what you need, contact us and we can look at making a custom guide for your application.
- Carburetors: We endorse and sell genuine Stromberg 97 carburetors. These carburetors use the best of the original design while using updated and new technology/parts. They are available in a variety of styles from chrome to painted to a “barn find” look.
- Motor Mounts: Hells Gate Hot Rods manufactures motor mounts for all sizes of Buick Nailhead engines. All parts are made out of 3/16” mild steel and are cut using and a high definition plasma cutter. They come with all the required rubber mounts and hardware to bolt together.
- Valve Covers: We carry cast aluminum valve covers that fit the Buick Nailhead engine as well as other popular engines. All of our valve covers are cast right here in the U.S.A. They are sand cast and are sold unfinished, which allows our clients to finish and customize them as desired or can be ordered polished or black powder coated.
Exhaust Kits & Accessories
- Header Kits (U-Weld): Hells Gate Hot Rods manufactures both Straight Lake Header Kits and Swept Lake Header Kits. We currently offer over 40 different Lake Header Kits, compatible with Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Mopar, Oldsmobile, Studebaker and Pontiac.
- Lake Header Accessories: We currently manufacture and carry Lake Header accessories, including different varieties of dump tubes, turnouts, lake header caps, and blockoffs. Each of these parts has been designed with functionality in mind, and unique adjustments have been made such as making turnouts from mandrel bends to create a uniform bend and giving header caps a unique 3-arm clamping design for convenient self-containment.
- Megaphones, Transitions, & Collectors: Hells Gate Hot Rods also manufactures megaphones and collectors. We offer different varieties of 4 to 1 formed merge collectors, both with and without flanges. We also sell Lake Header Megaphones, which we uniquely construct from 18 ga steel which is the thickest available in the market.
- Carburetor Flanges: We manufacture one, two, and four-barrel carburetor flanges to fit various carburetor styles and allow you to build a custom intake or adapter.
- Collector/Universal Flanges: We currently offer 3-bolt collector flanges for use with 2.5”, 3”, and 3.5” tubing to pair up with the merge collectors.
- Exhaust/Header Flanges: Hells Gate Hot Rods currently manufactures over 50 different of exhaust/header flanges. In total, we have flanges suitable for use with every major car manufacturer (and even a few uncommon companies) including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Desoto, Dodge, Ford, Mopar, Oldsmobile, Studebaker and Pontiac.
- Intake Flanges: We have 13 different varieties of intake flanges that we currently manufacture, all made from steel. We offer intake flanges that work with makes including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Desoto, Dodge, Ford, Mopar, and Studebaker.
- One-Piece Exhaust/Intake Flanges: We also manufacture and carry two different one-piece exhaust/intake flanges—one for early Chevrolet 6 cylinders (216, 235, 261) and one for Ford Models A (manufactured from 1928-1931) and B (manufactured from 1932-1934).
- Turbo Flanges: We proudly carry three varieties of turbo flanges—the T3/T4, the T4, and the T6, all of which are cut from steel using our high definition plasma cutter.
Intake Kits & Accessories
- Full-Welded Intakes: Our full-wielded intakes, all of which are built and fully TIG welded in-house, work with Stromberg or Rochester style 2 barrel carburetors. We currently manufacture many different varieties that work with Chrysler, Desoto, and Dodge Hemi, Cadillac and Buick Nailhead.
- Intake Kits (U-Weld): Hells Gate Hot Rods also manufactures a U-Weld intake kit if you are looking to save some money and build the intake yourself like done back in the day. These kits come in either single or dual plenum design using a range of two to eight carburetors. Let us know what you are looking to build.
- Mandrel Bends: The mandrel bends we sell are all made to our own specification using cold-rolled steel and are perfect for building custom headers, intakes, and more. We currently offer several different angles of mandrel bends with varying tube diameters (from 1.5”-2”) and bend angles (from 45°-180°).
In addition to carrying traditionally hard-to-find custom hot rod parts, Hells Gate Hot Rods also offers services including the engineering, design, and manufacturing of custom parts; part fabrication; TIG and MIG welding; and hot rod and custom car building. We also do product manufacturing for individual company product lines. If you’re interested in requisitioning us for custom work, be sure to check out a few of our current projects and contact us.
Past Customer Experiences
Learn more about what you can expect from Hells Gate Hot Rods! Read reviews and see photos of projects our clients have worked on using our parts.